Friday 28 September 2012

Day 142 - 25

Yesterday was an absolutely glorious day in Hobart!

It got to an unexpected but beautiful 25 degrees. After only just being in double digits for what seems so long now anything over 20 seems like a miracle....

....and I am so glad to say that Mia and I made the most of it (I'm especially thankful now that today is looking very grey and they are forecasting just 13 degrees for tomorrow).

We went to Long Beach. Probably my favourite spot in Hobart. We went to the park there (known locally as the boat park and my favourite one) where we met some friends and bumped into several others. It seems that lots of people were out to make the most of the day :) After playing with friends for Mia and chatting with the mums for me it was time for the other families to leave. But Mia and I just couldn't bear to end the day so soon. 

Mia asked to go down onto the beach (which the park overlooks) so we did. I sat on a nearby bench whilst Mia roamed the beach. I was really surprised that she didn't want me to come and join her as my 4 year old is usually quite demanding of my attention. But I guess it has been sooooo long since she'd had such an experience that she was totally absorbed in it.....feeling the sand in her toes, drawing in the sand.......ahh bliss!!

It truly was a lovely day. I did pay for it a little later when I got home to a very messy house and realised all the things I needed to get done in such a small amount of time (a birthday cake to make for a certain 9 year old for one). But I was still very thankful for our blessed day!!






No comments:

Post a Comment