Monday 21 May 2012

Day 12 - CHILDHOOD


Memories from my childhood:

  • running through the sprinkler on a hot day
  • eating cola flavoured Freezers with a spoon
  • 20c Twinpoles
  • the marble craze
  • playing elastics
  • The Muppet Show and the Muppet Babies cartoon
  • He-Man and She-Ra
  • butterfly cakes
  • Mr Men books (of which I still own my entire childhood collection and my kids are now enjoying them)
  • Choose Your Own Adventure and Pick A Path books
  • 1c lollies and 20c mixed lolly bags
  • baby dolls, Barbie dolls and Cabbage Patch Kids
  • Spokie Dokies (sp?) on your bike
  • The Smurfs, Worzel Gummidge and ALF
  • Roald Dahl and Judy Blume books
  • Fat Cat and Percy Penguin
  • cassingles and making a mixed tape off the radio
  • returning old soft drink bottles to the deli to get money for lollies
  • Mrs Pepperpot books
  • chocolate crackles and so many more........
.....this post was just way too fun and I'm sure I could keep going all day!!! :o) Do you remember any of these??

4 comments:

  1. How about playing with Lego?... oh wait, that was yesterday ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm hello marble craze!!
    I loved 'em so much I swallowed one!
    Hehe ;)
    xx Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making cubbies out of sheets and the dining table, making up dances in the lounge room on the red shag carpet and learning how to make macrame wall hangings (I am pretty sure it was an owl)

    These are a few of my favourite things!

    Thanks for the memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! I'd add trawling through the rubbish at parks, beaches etc for cans to recycle. I can't remember how much we got per kilo as we usually did it for fundraising for scouts or guides. Oh, and spending hours up a tree just daydreaming :)

    ReplyDelete